Down Syndrome counselor in Hauz khas, South Delhi
Down Syndrome is a genetic disorder characterized by intellectual disability and developmental delays. Children with Down Syndrome are identified with having distinct facial features, cognitive impairment, language delay and both short and long-term memory is affected. Most children with Down Syndrome have the ability to communicate, thus have their vocabulary and social language intact. They only have problems with grammar and sequencing. Children with Down syndrome need guidance for their social and emotional development and early intervention makes a significant difference in achieving independence in various social settings.
The ideal treatment includes early intervention services, special education, physical exercises, speech therapy, support groups, and occupational therapy.
At Asha Hai, we offer :
• Special Education Programmes to meet the specific, special and unique needs of children.
• Developmental Therapy to identify and focus on developmental delays for global development.
• Occupational Therapy to teach and perform activities of daily living (ADLs).
• Dance Movement Psychotherapy to promote healing and achieve intellectual, emotional and motor functionality through movement.
• Home-based support to help parents modify the environment at home and develop homework routines.
• Family/Parental Counseling to help parents cope and deal with guilt, stress and provide consistent care.