What is the Disorder?
Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) is a behavior disorder characterised by uncooperative, defiant and hostile behaviour toward peers, parents, teachers and other authority figures.
Red Flags to watch out for
- Having frequent temper tantrums
- Arguing a lot with adults
- Refusing to do what an adult asks
- Always questioning rules and refusing to follow rules
- Doing things to annoy or upset others, including adults
- Blaming others for the child’s own misbehaviors or mistakes
- Being easily annoyed by others
- Often having an angry attitude
- Speaking harshly or unkindly
- Seeking revenge or being vindictive