SOCIAL COMMUNICATION AND BEHAVIOUR THERAPY IN HAUZ KHAS, SOUTH DELHI
We provide Social Communication and Behaviour Therapy in Hauz Khas. This therapy can help a child understand how to relate and play with other children as well as teach them the appropriate behaviors for a variety of situations. While providing Social Communication in Hauz Khas and other therapies such as special education, play and language therapy, and social communication and behaviour therapy we employ a variety of methods to help teach children social skills based on their needs such as children with Social Communication Disorder. Examples include:
- Use of written or visual materials: Social stories can be a method of visually showing children what social interactions look like and appropriate ways to connect to others.
- Play: Children often learn by play, and a therapist can help facilitate activities through play that help teach social skills and appropriate interactions. Toys and games can be used as tools by therapists while providing Social Communication in Hauz Khas, to help children learn about social skills and expected behaviors.
- Role-playing: Role-playing is a method employed by our therapists while providing Social Communication in Hauz Khas. This helps children learn about expected behavior and how to interact socially. A therapist can help walk a child through a hypothetical situation, while providing Social Communication and Behaviour Therapy in Hauz Khas to help prepare them for future interactions.
PRINCIPLES OF SOCIAL COMMUNICATION AND BEHAVIOUR THERAPY
Social Communication and Behaviour Therapy in Hauz Khas involves teaching social skills. This generally has three steps:
- Social skills and expectations are broken down into manageable steps.
- These steps are explained in concrete and visual ways.
- Opportunities to practice new skills are provided.